Orthodontic treatment is not just for children and teens. Tooth alignment can be corrected at any age, if gums and bone structure are healthy. Many of our patients (1 in 5) are adults, and they agree that it’s never too late to improve their greatest asset – their smile!
Adults seek orthodontic treatment for many of the same reasons as children. Some adults had orthodontic problems as children but were unable to correct them until now. Others, who had treatment as children, may need further treatment as adults due to relapse or limitations in initial treatment. Orthodontic treatment at later stages in life can dramatically improve personal appearance and self-esteem.
Benefits of Adult Treatment
- Improved health of teeth and gums
- Address missing teeth
- Prevention of gum and bone loss, as well as tooth decay
- Prevention of abnormal wear of the tooth enamel and surfaces
- Reduced headaches due to jaw joint (TMJ/TMD) pain
- Improved ability to properly brush and floss
- A better or more comfortable bite and ability to chew
- Correct discrepancies between the upper and lower jaws
- Increased self-esteem
Appearance of Braces
Many adults are concerned with the appearance of braces. Often, Invisalign® can be used to treat adults. This technology involves clear removable aligners. For more severe cases that require braces, there is an option for clear braces as an alternative to metal.